The gole of M.Phil course is to produce skilled professionals for teaching positions in universities, colleges and training institutions.
The objectives of M.Phil degree course in Education are -
- To strengthen the research foundation of students for encouraging research attitudes and problem solving capacities.
- TTo provide basic training required for research in understanding doctoral work.
- To equip students with essential knowledge and skills required for taking up multidimensional responsibilities in colleges of education.
- To prepare students thought systematic study and research towards contributing to the development of teaching pedagogy and lending the growth of education as a discipline.
- To develop a set of core skills in students to work with efficiency in the areas of teacher education, technology of teaching, educational administration & supervision.
- To train student to conduct field based research studies including selection of research problems, sampling and preparation of research tools and adoption of statistical methodologies.
- To prepare professional administrators and supervisor for the position of responsibilities in the context of emerging perspectives in educational planning and supervisory services.
The above objectives are expected to be achieved through a closer study of the subject research studies and sessional work in the allotted field and optional papers. It is expected that active participation in workshops/ seminars related to dissertation work will contribute towards attainment of above mentioned competencies and skills
The admission will be granted on the basis of performance in entrance test. Procedure for Entrance test: 100 marks.
All the candidates who register themselves for M.Phil in Education shall appear and qualify in the Examination according to the following scheme-
A candidate who does not secure minimum passing marks in a particular theory paper/ papers shall be declared failed. He will appear as Ex- student in the next year examination.
- In order to pass the examination a candidate must obtain at least 50% marks in each written paper separately and also obtain at least 50% marks in the aggregate of the all papers.
- Each theory paper (External) will be of maximum 75 marks awarded on the basis of internal assessment and sessional work.
- Sessional marks obtained by a candidate shall be carried over if a candidate fails in the final examination in any or all paper of the examination as ex-student.
- Every candidate shall be required to submit a dissertation. The problem selected for dissertation shall ordinarily be from the area of specialization.
- The proposal of the research problem for the Dissertation should be presented at a colloquium of teaching staff and M.Phil course students. Three copies of the proposal should be submitted by each student before the prescribed date for the colloquium committee.
- The proposal should indicate the nature and significance of the research problem review of related literature, sources of data, experimental design, methodology etc.
- Three copies of completed dissertation shall be submitted by the notified date to the H.O.D. of the Academic Year. If a candidate does not submit dissertation on or before prescribed date he/she will be declared fail in dissertation.
- The dissertation under Para-II shall be Committee of two experts (one internal and one external) possessing Doctorate qualification in Education having at least five years teaching and research experience. The adviser shall be the internal examiner in the committee. There shall be a Viva-voce examination on the Dissertation and this shall also be conducted by the same committee. The dissertation will be on pass /fail basis and no marks will be awarded for dissertation. Those who fail in Part-II Dissertation shall be permitted to resubmit the dissertation with changes suggested and reappear for the Viva- voce examination.
- If a candidate fails in Dissertation but secure passing marks in written papers, marks obtained in the written papers by the candidate shall be carried forward.
- Such candidate who passes both Part-I and II separately shall be declared shall be declared eligible for the awards of M.Phil degree in Education no division will be awarded in M.Phil examination. No merit list of the M.Phil examination will be declared.
- The qualification of the Supervisor for guiding M.Phil Thesis (Dissertation) must be Ph.D.(Education).
|A. Compulsory Papers
| Max. Marks
| Min. Marks
|Research Methodology in Behavioral Sciences.
|Study and Development of Research Tools
|Teacher Education: Principal and Practices.